- Cook the chunks of red pepper in a pot along with 1 cup of sugar, 5 tablespoons of vinegar and half a cup of water.
- Cook for 30 minutes over low heat and stir from time to time.
- Remove and carefully pour the jelly into glass containers, cover, and place upside down until it cools down. This will provide a vacuum seal and will allow it to last much longer.
Red pepper DIP
- Mix one cup of mayonnaise with 5 tablespoons of Red pepper jelly
- The jelly can be used to decorate cheesecakes or to prepare sweet sauces for proteins.
- The dip can be served with crackers, bread toasts or as a white meat sauce.